March 27, 2013

sleep


Maybe it's the full moon but there's some funny business about. I think it's a sign. I went to bed sleepy last night, woke up just as sleepy this morning, and on the way to work listened to the radio tell me why I needed to get more sleep. You'll be healthier. You'll be prettier. You'll be smarter. Alright, I get it. I'll get more sleep ... and then I lay awake, staring at the ceiling and feeling the minutes slip by until it's 3am and the dog is wondering why I'm wandering around the house. So I do some research and find super depressing infographics telling me that yes, I'm not getting the recommended amount of sleep. And if I shut off my cell phone, I'll sleep better ... if I drink tea, I'll sleep better ... if I read, I'll sleep better ... if I lay on my left with my hands above my head, I'll sleep better (okay, not really ... but I guess you never know). I wanna know how to shut off. How to stop thinking. How to stop.

So that's what I'm working on this week. Until I figure it out ... I've found, through extensive testing over the years, singing 'Everyone Likes Ice Cream' on loop to myself has a somewhat, calming-like effect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment