November 01, 2013

thankful - a person (aka ... the fam-fam)

the gahler-plank family in lake of the woods canada

to pick one person in my life that i'm thankful for today is impossible. totally impossible. do i pick my cute little momma for all her tidy ways and crazy optimism that pushed me through the summer? do i pick loulou for his never-ending supply of patience? do i pick my brother for never failing to make me smile, snapchat skills and all. or maybe it's my dad and his old-age wisdom that's (oddly) starting to make some sense.

i think i'll lump them together into one giant, magical person. daily i feel so blessed to have such support. i call ma when i need a boost for my self esteem. i call pa when i need some level-headed realism. i call roy when i need to dream. i talk to lou when, well, i talk to lou all the time.

thankful.

I'm trying something new thing month - I love me a good challenge - and joining Chasing Happy for The Thankful Project. While I can't promise a post-a-day, maybe I'll get close? Today's prompt - a person.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to your family! I'm close to my family and it's sweet finding others whose best friends are their parents and siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I can't imagine what life would be like without having close family. They see you at your worst ... and still manage to love you the most :D Glad to hear you're in the same boat!

      Delete
  2. made me smile (esp. the part about lou). i'm gonna go check out this grateful project -- sounds right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete