April 17, 2013

a thought: mr. winter

it is april 17 and my snow shovel and boots are still being used
it's april 17th and yes, those are my snow boots ... still there ... 
Okay, alright ... it's happening. This weather ... this winter ... is finally getting to me. I was doing so good and then these past couple of days started to hit ... Willie has been all a tizzle, couped up in the house. We can't go more than a hour without him running into the bedroom and ripping his bed apart. There's blankets and stuffing and fleece in almost every room. Lou mentioned the other day that he's sinking into his bleak-zone. He's in the basement all day chugging away at work and coming upstairs to blankly stare out the window with Willie ... watching the snowflakes or turning bleary-eyed from the rain. The "sickness" is traveling around work again ... cube after cube sitting empty ... empty chairs spinning in sad, slow circles as the coughs of coworkers bounce around the flimsy walls. My space heater is back ... humming away in the mornings while I bounce outta the shower and try not to think what the temperature is outside. I thought about my homemade salsa I had elaborate plans for creating this spring and realized I'm mighty fair from any sort of planting. I'm too much of a baby for running in the rain so my continuous excuse of it being to cold outside for exercise holds on ... as well as those 10 pounds ... And it's gray. The concert ground matches the muddy slush that still gets to be called snow. The tree branches have taken on the same hue as the grass ... and the sky ... and the never ending cloud cover.

And to top it all off ... read this ... look at the date ... Yup, October 5th, 2012. Minnesota's first big snowfall of the season was over ... 7 ... months ... ago ... and ... there's more to come tomorrow ...

I told Lou we needed a heat lamp. He laughed ... but I'm oh-so-serious ...

No comments:

Post a Comment