August 02, 2012

Running - A Conundrum




I tell myself I want to be a runner ... I want to be one of those people that have their running shoes always a hand's grab away. They run in the morning. They run in the evening. They run to relieve stress. They run to feel better. They run to be happy.

I want that ...

... I think.

But ...

Lord, that's a lot of work. That's a lot of showers. That's a lot of early mornings. That's a lot of sweaty clothes ... and at what point do I stop telling myself (yelling at myself) to get out and run? When do I tell myself it's just not fun and to stop? When do I tell myself change isn't easy and to keep pushing? Where's that line?!?

Well ...

I haven't answered that yet ...

I'll let you know when I get there ...

... maybe I'll be a runner ...

... maybe I'll be happy to cheer you on from my comfy couch on the sidelines ...

... maybe

!

No comments:

Post a Comment