August 23, 2012

Drink It Up - Carrot Cake Green Monster!

Alright, round one of our Green Smoothie Adventure has begun! Recently, Lou and I realized just how paltry our veggie intake was.  The amount of brown foods we consume is terrifying!  We're not salad people and ever since a Christmas brunch gone wrong, I can't eat mushy veggies. So - green smoothies/juices/drinks it is!

Today's drink comes from the blog A Full Measure of Happiness. We chose wisely in picking this as our first. As Lauren says in the post - drinkable cake! My silly photo does nothing in the way of enticing ... so check out the pics Lauren took. If this is where we're headed with our Green Smoothie Adventure, I'm ready!

Carrot Cake Green Monster
(adapted a wee bit)

  • handful of shredded carrots
  • 1 cup spinach
  • half banana
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/8 cup old-fashioned dry oats
  • couple shakes of cinnamon
  • 4ish or so ice cubes

... and yes, I realize I need to work on my measurement terminology ... and my photo skills ... but we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment